Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Anthem

I woke up this morning with an anthem in my head:

“my God’s not dead
He’s surely alive
and He’s living on the inside
roaring like a lion.”

What a way to start off the morning!

Yesterday was such a mind-blowing day. It was one of those days were you have to stop and ask, “God, did you really just allow me the honor of being in this moment here with these people?”

What an amazing organization CHO is. The depth of their love for this country sets the bar so high for us all. From the dignity they try to bring to those dying from AIDS to the hope they try to bring to trafficked children, I am honored to call the people at CHO friends. They are an inspiration.

I wish I could put into words what we have experienced these past few days. Sadly I can’t. Maybe the words will find themselves to me soon enough. I hope so. I don’t want to hold the thoughts captive in my head just for me to sort through.

But for now, I am praying for an awakening over this country…over this city…over these beautiful people. Praying their hearts will swell with the knowledge and hope in another song that’s been ringing in my heart… “for You and You alone awake my soul.”

love.
Kelli

“Let hope rise. Darkness tremble.
In Your holy light
And every eye will see Jesus our God
Great and mighty to be praised.”

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for all the updates you guys!! I am really enjoying following your mission. I have to admit that I'm secretly (or not so secretly) wishing I was there too! I love Cambodia!! I miss you guys here too!!

    ReplyDelete