Friday, April 2, 2010

Home

According to our blog, it looks like we never arrived back to the States. Let me assure you, we are alive and well back home in Atlanta. :)

We’ve been home now five days. One minute it seems we never left and the next, I dream that I’m still there in Poipet or Siem Reap.

What a whirlwind our journey has been. I’m still trying to make sense of it all (which is an extremely taxing and impossible..if I might add..task).

There is so much work to be done it can leave you paralyzed for a bit if you allow it. But we can’t allow it! There is so much need and as the Brooke Fraser song says, “now that I have seen, I am responsible.” What a statement. What a truth.

So where do we go from here?

Now that we are home, back to our lives, jobs, family and friends…now that we are back into our routines, I don’t want to forget. If I’m really honest with you, I have a tendency to allow the things that overwhelm me to drift away. Not always…but sometimes.

Cambodia has changed my life…as it should. I’d hate to experience and see what I’ve seen and not be changed. That would be tragic.

Continue to pray for us..but more importantly, continue to pray for the people of Cambodia, CHO, White Dove, IJM and especially those women and children bound in the chains of human trafficking…may it one day be a distant memory here on earth.

love. kelli

No comments:

Post a Comment